It’s finally the end of May. Now I can head into one long weekend – summer that is! My May was super busy, so here are just a few highlights.
1) Yearbook Distribution Day – Each year after state testing, we have a party in the afternoon for the whole school to sign books, dance, etc. Before we hand out books, we gather all the students in the gym, and my seniors welcome everyone and say a little about the book and the theme. Then as we prepare to have students line up to get their books, we do a “final walk” for the seniors to kick off the party. We play the graduation march, and teachers form a line for seniors to walk through on their way out the door. It’s a nice touch for the seniors, and the other grades have something to look forward to!
2) Graduation – I am the chairperson of our school’s graduation committee. We had a great committee this year, and graduation was a big success. I even made a little gift for all the people who helped!
3) School’s Out for Summer – It’s the last day of school at my high school and last Sunday was my last week of teaching kids’ church for this school year, too! School will start back for me in August, and kids’ church will start back in September. This year for the last day of kids’ church, I sent the kids home with a fun little gift for summer! Click the image below of the tags to get the instant download.
4) Two Weddings – Faulkner Photography was also really busy this month with TWO weddings to photograph! Weddings are actually one of my favorite things to photograph – I love the creativity and energy at weddings. I often say I would like a wedding redo, since Pinterest wasn’t around when I got married! There are so many cute ideas now, and these two weddings and brides were absolutely stunning!
5) Newsletter Feature Spot – I was pretty excited to have one of my summer teaching packs in the newsletter the last week of the month. It was paid spot, and I did recoup that investment through the sales that came from the traffic that spot generated. I did also gain some new followers this week.