I’ve found myself reaching for these outfits over and over already this summer, so I thought I’d share them with you. Plus, there’s some trendy, yet age-appropriate options for women over 30 (not that that’s me or anything :))! They are easy to care for, easy to wear, and even easy to pack. So here goes!
1) Simple with top with a twist. Actually it has a twisted knot at the bottom (Gotta get in that punny English-teacher humor somehow). (Matilda Jane Pure Country Tee). Striped shorts with an elastic waist. Made to feel like a terry cloth sweatshirt (Target). The leather and chain necklace is from a boutique in a nearby town called Free to Fly, which is an organization that helps women get back on their feet (https://projectfree2fly.com/). They hand make everything! I wear a pair of brown Olukai sandals (Similar pair here.)
2) Graphic t-shirt and ball cap. This is my favorite; I’m a t-shirt and cap kinda gal. The t-shirt came from a boutique in the town where I work. The cap is a souvenir from my recent trip to Magnolia (stay tuned for another post about that). I tried the frayed jean shorts trend, and I like these because it’s just a touch. (Seven brand bought from TJ Maxx). I wear Chaco sandals.
3) Still a t-shirt and shorts. This time, it’s a little dressier :). Hot pink fitted tee from Belk. Gray shorts (Rivera 6 inch from Ann Taylor) Plunder Posse tassel necklace. I wear silver Olukai sandals.
3) Tank and white shorts. These white shorts are made of a soft and stretchy jean material with a cute faux lace up the side. (Bandolino brand from Belk) I love the crochet detailing on the red tank, and it’s a longer length and soft, light cotton. (Matilda Jane Fond Memories tank) I wear the same brown Olukai sandals as above.
4) T-shirt dress (I said I love t-shirts!) Soft navy dress with gray extender underneath. (Matilda Jane Navy Cruise dress and Matilda Jane gray extender) The red beaded necklace is Anthro that I got from Poshmark and the red lace-up wedge shoes are Sorrel.
5) Tank and outdoor shorts. I’ve been loving pineapples this season — well, really any fruit because I’ve been doing a fruit of the spirit Bible study, and I even made myself a fruit of the spirit planner for this year (Take a look here). This outfit is just a simple one for getting outdoors, which is my favorite thing to do in the summer. I found both the top and shorts at an overstock outlet. I wear with Chacos.
Sign up for my monthly newsletter – “Teaching Tidbits” – that is delivered directly to your email inbox each month. Each month you’ll get announcements, tips for teaching, updates on new and revised resources, and, of course, an email-only exclusive FREEBIE!