Hello! I am a high school English teacher in Tennessee. I have been teaching for over 15 years in middle, high school, and college classes. I have taught students in regular ed, inclusion, and honors. I am also the journalism/yearbook teacher.
- I am VERY proud of my yearbook staff who has been awarded with an Honorable Mention from Jostens in the Creative Spreads category in 2010. We have also been featured in Jostens Lookbook three other times for creative covers and spreads.
- I enjoying presenting at conferences and workshops and have been a presenter at several international and national conferences including the IRA, NMSA, and TpT. I also have several articles in various publications including The English Journal.
- I had the personal honor of being 2013 PCHS Teacher of the Year.
- In 2013, I submitted my Antiques Show and Tell Project to The History Channel’s Teacher Ideas Magazine and won a cash prize and a spot in the magazine!
- In 2020, I was awarded Jostens’s inaugural Adviser Inspiration Award
Aside from teaching, I am married to my very smart (and very cute) hubby, Derek. We have been married since 2004. I have two beautiful nieces; they are the absolute bright spots in my life. We love being outdoors, exploring, taking road trips, and we are blessed to live in a beautiful home in near our family.
My “other second job” (besides writing teaching materials for TPT) is my little photography business! Photography is definitely my passion, and I love that I get to do that on the side and be a part of capturing my clients’ special memories.
On Facebook @ facebook.com/FaulknerPhotography.
On Instagram @ juliefaulknerphotography #faulknerphotography